ONTOO Media Ltd.
The websites include:
1. What personal information do we collect from you?
1.1. What is personal information? Personal information is any information that allows someone to identify you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to, or could be linked to, any of the foregoing data.
1.2. Your personal information is collected when you register or fill in a form on a Website, contact ONTOO Media, or complete a form in any of our publications which may relate, for example, to subscriptions, competitions, offers and promotions. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to newsletters, place an order or participate in discussion boards on our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email, phone number and payment details.
1.3. Personal information that is provided by you will only be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information.
1.4. ONTOO Media will from time to time collect information from you for the purpose of creating de-personalised data that does not reveal your identity. ONTOO Media uses this information to improve our products and occasionally for other internal purposes. This information is only used in de-personalised form and is not connected to any name, address or other personal identifying information
2. How is your information processed, stored and kept secure?
2.1. Your personal information may be processed both in and outside the UK. When you submit your details in whichever country you are situated you agree to the information being processed in the UK.
2.2. The Websites and our servers, wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
2.3. However no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
3. How do we use your personal information?
3.1. ONTOO Media processes personal information for the following purposes:
- providing you with goods and/or services that you have requested and communicating with you about those products and services;
- monitoring, developing and improving the Websites, our services and your experience;
- providing a personalised service;
- conducting market research surveys;
- running competitions;
- providing you with information about ONTOO Media's, or our business partners' products and services where you have provided your consent. You will always be able to opt-out or unsubscribe from these messages;
- send out email alerts you have agreed to receive. You will always be able to unsubscribe from these messages;
- processing and dealing with any complaints or enquiries made by you or legally on your behalf;
- we may also be required to disclose your personal information to authorities who can request this information by law that is binding on ONTOO Media, for instance for the prevention and detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders and the assessment or collection of taxes; and
- other purposes related to any of the above.
4. Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
4.1. We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
4.2. We may disclose your personal information to partners of ONTOO Media who supply services to you on behalf of ONTOO Media and who need to process personal information in the provision of such services. When you request goods and services from ONTOO Media, you are consenting to the disclosure of your personal information to ONTOO Media's partners who may provide such goods and services under contract and guarantee to our satisfaction that they have sufficiently robust processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information whilst it is in their care.
4.3. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
4.4. We may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our Websites in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
4.5. Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice;
- where we have to defend ourselves legally;
- in complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information; and
- to protect or defend the rights or property of ONTOO Media Publications Ltd or users of our services.
4.6. Other than this, ONTOO Media will not disclose any of your personal information to any other third parties without your consent.
5. Age restrictions on supplying personal information?
6. How long will we keep your personal information?
7. Changing your mind about receiving marketing messages.
- Per-session cookies. We only use these whilst you are visiting our website and they are deleted when you leave. They remember you as you move between pages, for example recording the items you add to an online shopping basket. They also help maintain security.
- Persistent cookies. These cookies stay on your computer until they expire or are deleted. We set automatic deletion dates so that we don't keep your information for longer than we need to.
- Gather customer journey information across our sites and fulfil any of your requests;
- Gain insight into the nature of our audience so we can tailor our content accordingly;
- Ensure your privacy when you visit our secure sites;
- Store login details for our secure sites;
- Store details of your marketing preferences to improve and enhance your visit to our sites;
- Evaluate our sites' advertising and promotional effectiveness - all information is anonymised and we don't share it with anyone;
- Provide advertising on our sites and on other sites which are tailored to your interests and preferences;
- Remember settings you have applied to a Website such as layout, font size, preferences, colours etc;
- Detect if a service has already been offered to you so that we don't ask you again.